Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update for Abundant Life Church
When times of turmoil and volatility comes to a people or a nation, we can either choose to panic, or we can choose to trust. Psalms 91:1 says…
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.
Let us live and abide in HIS SHELTER in this time, relying on him for peace and refuge.
Moving Forward, here is how our church will be operating during this time:
For the time being, we will be Live Streaming our Sunday morning services on our website, FaceBook page, and YouTube channel. While we may not be able to meet together in person, we still want to connect with you during these times. We want to ensure the safety of everyone in our church during this time while still being a beacon of hope and light to our community.
We will consider all government & recommendations and will address each week as it comes.
Wednesday Night Kidz
Clubhouse and Torch Youth
These two ministries will be canceled for the foreseeable, to coincide with school closings. We want to encourage families to use Wednesday evening as family time and spiritual encouragement within the home. We will be sending out resources to families, youth and children to use via Facebook, YouTube, and our e-mail newsletter.
Each connect group will make its own decision whether to cancel or continue to meet. Those groups that do continue to meet will do so via Zoom conference calls. Connect group leaders and hosts will be in contact with their members concerning this.
Annual Community Egg Hunt
We will be canceling our Community Egg Hunt for April 4th, 2020. This was a difficult decision to make. However, we are seeking God for new ways to help and serve the community during this time.
You will see an increase in communication as we continue to love, serve, and care for the body of Christ and seek new ways to stay connected and grow in our faith.
What can I do during this time?
A church is a body of believers who live and work together to serve Christ. We are thankful that you consider yourself part of this church, and because of that we would ask you to consider doing the following:
- Pray – We need to shift our focus off of fear and over to faith. We need to stay abreast of what is happening around us, however, if we do not pray, we will not know how to serve God at this time.
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me? – Psalms 56:3-4
- Invite – We all know people who need God’s truth in this difficult time. If you’ll be watching the live stream online, we encourage you to share it on your social media feed. If you’ll be watching on our website, consider inviting someone to join you by sending them the link. This is an opportunity for us to be Jesus to our community.
- Give- Continue to faithfully give of your tithes and offerings, online. This is a secure method of giving and many use online giving each week. Here is a link to give.
- Reach Out- Are you sick? Are you in need of prayer? Are you lonely? Reach out to the people of God within the church or any of the pastors and staff at the church. We will be available to offer support. If you have need of prayer or a visit, please contact Pastor Ken at (610) 618-9761 who will be arranging visitation.
- Be A Light- God may want to use you during this time! As needs arise, allow the Lord to work through you. We are believing this to be a time when many experience the love and grace of Jesus Christ through his church, that’s You!
Although this is an unprecedented time in our history, God is not surprised or changed by this. He was the same yesterday as he is today. Let us allow him to increase our hope and trust in the midst of the unknown. Remember, God never promised that life would be easy, but He promises to always be with us (Psalm 23:34). Let us trust him together!