Our Response to the Corona Virus
Greetings Church Family,
I hope you are doing well! I wanted to take a moment to let you know how Abundant Life Church is handling the global issue we are facing with the Coronavirus (COVID-19). At Abundant Life, we care for the health of everyone locally and around the world. We want to take the threat of this situation seriously, while also walking in faith and trusting God.
With this is mind, we want you to know some things Abundant Life Church is doing:
- We are regularly cleaning and sanitizing all areas of our facility.
- We are making hand sanitizer more available throughout the facility.
- We are continuing all weekly services believing that it is good for us to gather to worship, but will monitor the situation as it changes.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with an arm or a tissue.
- Stay home when you are sick are think you might be contagious and please let us know if you need prayer.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
If you decide to stay home because you are sick, we ask that you take advantage of live streaming options for Sunday morning. Simply go to www.abundantlifebirdsboro.live for streaming.
I want to remind you that God wants us to walk in wisdom and in faith. These are times when fear can grip our hearts and keep us from serving God and distract us from Him. God never speaks to us or leads us through fear. Let us remember the following scriptures as we walk through this difficult time and take this hope to others:
- Psalm 91:5-7: You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
- Psalm 91:10-11: No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; for He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.
- Luke 12:25-26: Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
- John 14:27: Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
- John 16:33: I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
- 2 Timothy 1:7: For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Lastly, I want to encourage you to join us as we pray together for our nation and our world. We will have the church open . You can join us in person or pray with us where ever you are knowing that our church is unified in prayer at those times. We need to seek God and let him guide our hearts, our emotions, and our country through this difficult time!
Trusting in Christ,